Usucha versus koicha: which one to choose when brewing matcha?
SO WHAT'S KOICHA & WHAT'S USUCHA?
HOW CAN I BREW KOICHA THEN?
- Boil 100 ml of water
- Pour some water in the matcha bowl (chawan)
- Whisk the hot water so the whisk prongs become flexible
- Discard the water
- Dry the bowl with a kitchen towel or a piece of paper
- Pour 30 ml of water in the yuzamashi
- Take the matcha out of the fridge
- Scoop some matcha out of the container using the matcha scoop (4 grams or 2.5 chashaku scoops)
- Use the strainer to shift the matcha into the bowl
- Pour the water on top of the matcha powder
- Whisk the mixture of matcha powder and water thoroughly ensuring that it looks shiny and silky
- Enjoy your brew!
CAN I BREW MATCHA USING OTHER UTENSILS?
Share your comments below!
CONNECT WITH US
READ OTHER POSTS
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following General Terms & Conditions (hereinafter GTC) apply to all product ranges available at the www.thejapaneseteahub.eu & www.thejapaneseteahub.com websites & they qualify as the general contract terms & conditions (T&C) between us & our customers.
Our company reserves the right to modify the provisions of the GTC at any given time without the need of prior notification. Therefore, we kindly ask you to read the T&C before placing any orders with us. In the event of any amendment to the GTC, the T&C will become automatically effective on the day & time of their modification.