How to brew matcha the easy foolproof way!
Read it in Spanish!
WHY IS MATCHA SO POPULAR?
LET'S DO A TEST
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BREW MATCHA?
Ideally, the matcha will be stored in an airtight opaque container in the fridge in order to preserve all its qualities intact for as long as possible. It can be also stored in the freezer if you have a high-quality one which doesn’t produce ice plaques.
- Boil 100 ml of water
- Pour some water in the matcha bowl (chawan)
- Whisk the hot water so the whisk prongs become flexible (a chasen with thin prongs can be used)
- Discard the water
- Dry the bowl with a kitchen towel or a piece of paper
- Pour 70 ml of water in the yuzamashi
- Take the matcha out of the fridge
- Scoop some matcha out of the container using the matcha scoop (1.5 grams or 1 chashaku scoop, I use 3 grams)
- Use the strainer to sift the matcha into the bowl
- Pour the water on top of the matcha powder
- Whisk the mixture of matcha powder and water making an M like movement left/right/left
- Enjoy your brew!
CAN I BREW MATCHA USING OTHER UTENSILS?
Share your comments below!
CONNECT WITH US
READ OTHER POSTS
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following General Terms & Conditions (hereinafter GTC) apply to all product ranges available at the www.thejapaneseteahub.eu & www.thejapaneseteahub.com websites & they qualify as the general contract terms & conditions (T&C) between us & our customers.
Our company reserves the right to modify the provisions of the GTC at any given time without the need of prior notification. Therefore, we kindly ask you to read the T&C before placing any orders with us. In the event of any amendment to the GTC, the T&C will become automatically effective on the day & time of their modification.